Why choose Coastal Virginia Sleep Solutions?
Obstructive Sleep Apnea is a serious medical condition that can drastically affect the quality and longevity of one’s life.
To properly and successfully design oral appliances to treat obstructive sleep apnea, advanced knowledge and experience far beyond typical dental education are required.
Dr. William Harper, a dentist serving the Hampton Roads area, works directly with leading sleep medicine physicians to coordinate a sleep study, provide oral appliance therapy when appropriate and monitor the condition of your health.
- Receives referrals directly from sleep medicine physicians, and has a strong working relationship with these specialists.
- This high level of communication with specialists helps to find the best success for each individual patient
- Completed the University of North Carolina’s Dental Sleep Medicine Mini-Residency
- Is the only dentist in the Peninsula / Williamsburg area deemed “Qualified” to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea with oral appliances, by the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Is on track to receive Diplomate status with the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Has over 100 hours of post-graduate education in Dental Sleep Medicine
- Frequently meets with the leaders in Dental Sleep Medicine, to review new information, advances, and ways to get better sleep and health for our patients
- Has had great success in treating TMJ / TMD patients for many years, and therefore, knows how to help prevent the TMJ / TMD problems that oral appliances can cause.
Schedule A Consultation
The importance of understanding sleep breathing disorders cannot be underestimated.
If you or a loved one have been diagnosed with sleep apnea or sleep-disordered breathing and would like to learn more about oral appliance therapy, schedule an appointment with Dr. Harper. He will take the time to discuss your medical history, personal concerns and symptoms and work with you and your physician to establish appropriate care for your needs.