Why choose Coastal Virginia Sleep Solutions?
Obstructive Sleep Apnea is a serious medical condition that can drastically affect the quality and longevity of one’s life.
To properly and successfully design oral appliances to treat obstructive sleep apnea, advanced knowledge and experience far beyond typical dental education are required.
Dr. William Harper, a dentist serving the Hampton Roads area, works directly with leading sleep medicine physicians to coordinate a sleep study, provide oral appliance therapy when appropriate and monitor the condition of your health.
Dr. Harper is the first and only Diplomate in the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine serving Southeast Virginia, which is why so many sleep medicine physicians and PCPs refer their patients to him.
This advanced training and recognition ensures you, as a patient, that your care is of the highest standard and meets recognized standards guidelines in the treatment of sleep disorders and sleep apnea, as determined by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and the American Medical Association.
Dr. Harper has been treating patients for their sleep apnea for many years and collaborates with the top sleep dentists and sleep physicians in the state and the nation. With our office, you benefit from a broad network of knowledge and expertise.
Dr. Harper has completed the University of North Carolina Mini-Residency in Dental Sleep Medicine, as well as the AADSM’s first Mastery Program.
Dr. Harper has a background in comprehensive dentistry and has been treating patients for TMD / TMJ for many years. As a result, he is very knowledgeable in treating patients for sleep- achieving optimal therapeutic outcomes while reducing potential adverse side effects.
Oral Appliance Therapy is covered by medical insurance for the treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
We have years of experience working with medical insurance (dental insurance does not cover OSA) and we are in-network, or can get in network benefits, for most of our patients.
Medical insurance can be very confusing and patients need to realize that insurance will only pay for 1 appliance every few years, which is why we go to extra efforts to choose the appliance that will comfortably and effectively treat your Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
- Receives referrals directly from sleep medicine physicians, and has a strong working relationship with these specialists.
- This high level of communication with specialists helps to find the best success for each individual patient
- Completed the University of North Carolina’s Dental Sleep Medicine Mini-Residency
- Is the only dentist in the Peninsula / Williamsburg area deemed “Qualified” to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea with oral appliances, by the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Is on track to receive Diplomate status with the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Has over 100 hours of post-graduate education in Dental Sleep Medicine
- Frequently meets with the leaders in Dental Sleep Medicine, to review new information, advances, and ways to get better sleep and health for our patients
- Has had great success in treating TMJ / TMD patients for many years, and therefore, knows how to help prevent the TMJ / TMD problems that oral appliances can cause.
Learn more about our office:
Schedule A Sleep Solution Consultation
The importance of understanding sleep breathing disorders cannot be underestimated.
If you or a loved one have been diagnosed with sleep apnea or sleep-disordered breathing and would like to learn more about oral appliance therapy, schedule an appointment with Dr. Harper. He will take the time to discuss your medical history, personal concerns and symptoms and work with you and your physician to establish appropriate care for your needs.